Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bon anniversaire Olivier!

This past weekend we celebrated Oliver's 3rd bday. It was quite the gourmet, 2-course affair, complete with a tropical luau theme. The pigs even broke out the fancy dress.


How do I plan such a successful pig party of my own, you ask? Well, if you must know:

First, prepare the entree.
1. Go to the local farmer's market and pick up fresh veggies and fruits.
2. Weave some ong-choy (Chinese water spinach) into a lattice work base.
3. Vertically stack carrot "confetti" on the lattice, using a cookie cutter.
4. Place yellow pear tomatoes stuffed with dandelion greens around the carrots.
5. Top with 3 bell pepper "candles."

Next, set up the dessert platter.
1. Dice up some organic yellow nectarines and strawberries into pig bite-sized pieces.
2. Arrange in a pleasing pattern.
3. Get your straight jacket ready, someone is going to have you committed soon.

1 comment:

Izzy said...

Should I be worried about you? What am I saying? I already knew you had this disease. By the way, my medley skillz have definitely been surpassed with these plates.