Wednesday, July 2, 2008

RyanBaby Turns One!


My nephew Ryan celebrated his first bday last weekend. It was a good ol' fashioned bbq/picnic in the park. Lotsa other kids, friends, and eats makes for a good time! Here he is just before he decided to wear his birthday cake. Later, it was a dip in the pool to cool off. I don't mean to sound like some deranged, biased auntie, but Ryan really IS the cutest baby ever, don't you think?

OK, so to commemorate his passage into single-digits, I decided to stencil some tee shirts, you know, big boy tees. That's right--no more onesies! Since the whole fam loves soccer (and they have a foosball table), I decided to create a foosball stencil. I found an image of a little foosball player online and printed it out 3x to sort of hobble together a basic picture. From there I took some artistic liberties and created a stencil. As usual, I used shirts from American Apparel. Even got fancy with my crafty self and used three colors this time!


Now, birthdays are special moments worth celebrating, and this got me thinking, what does a baby wear on those more formal occasions? You know, like when he really needs to impress the ladies? Well, then it dawned on me: a stenciled tee with a gold chain and clock a la Flava Flav! Obviously.


In the same way that I created the foosball stencil, I found some examples of chains online and a picture of a clock. From there I put together my own drawing, making sure to draw the chain so that it fit around the neck hole. Of course, for the full effect, you can't forget to do the back of the shirt! So, am I crazy? Please fill out the poll!

5 comments:

Jeri said...

I don't think you're derranged at all!! He IS the cutest baby (for now that is....LOL).

Izzy said...

I don't have my own little pimp, but if I did, that Flava Flav shirt would be a must have. Ryan will be the flyest dude at the nursery.

montiezilla said...

Oh snap! those big boy T's are the best. One for daytime wear and the other for nighttime clubbin.

Sweet Flair said...

The cutest ideas come out of you - I swear!!! You could SO sell those in "Holly - WOOOOOD"! (muppets reference) What kind of paint do you use? I can't find any that are fade proof...:)

Man...Jeri's teasin'! "for now..." Have that baby!!!

Michelle

Leslie Saito-Liu said...

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhboyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

of course my son is the cutest baby ever ha ha ha! only cuz he's sportin the best handmade gifts from his auntie Jess!