Monday, December 22, 2008

Santy's workshop

For the past few years I've eschewed purchasing Xmas gifts, opting instead to make or create something personal and unique. I guess I'd rather spend time getting crafty than trying to tackle the malls. Plus free time is more precious than just about anything you can buy, right? As much as I enjoy doing this sort of thing, every year I bite off more than I can chew and end up working away until the wee hours of the night, finishing a stencil or baking cookies or creating jewelry. Admittedly I procrastinate until the very last oh-crap moment. This year was no different!

Everyone got a stencil (again) this Xmas. In an effort to go green, I stenciled a couple of ecobags for Les and Jeri. I couldn't find any images online that I liked (if you can believe that!), so I went free-hand and designed my own. For Ryan's baby tee (space invader) and Steve's long-sleeve tee (the Minister of Silly Walks) I used images off the Web, American Apparel tees, and Jacquard fabric paint.

Works in progress:

(Whew! Stencils drying; Les's bag in mid-peel)


(The befores and afters)

The finished products!

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Awesome!!! And I love my one-of-a-kind eco bag. Thanks Jess!

montiezilla said...

oh man. The Space Invaders shirt is sooooooo awesome! Ryan wore it on Saturday! I wore my Silly Walks too haha.